Paleo Pastrami Sirloin
- 2 (about 1 lb) TX Bar Organics Sirloin Steaks
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 bay leaves, torn in half
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon powdered mustard
- 1 teaspoon juniper berries, smashed with the back of a knife
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, smashed with the back of a knife
- 1 cup water
For the Brine
In a zip-top bag, combine all ingredients (except the meat). Close the bag and lay flat in the freezer. Freeze until solid.
For the Steak
Heat you SousVide Supreme Demi Water Oven to 130ºF. Trim steaks of any fat hanging out around the edges. Place steaks in a sealable bag. Take the brine out of the freezer & place the frozen brine ‘disc’ on top of the steaks. Vacuum seal the bag. Cook for 6 to 8 hours.
Remove from the water bath. Rinse off any spices that have adhered to the meat, and pat dry. In a large skillet, melt a few tablespoons of your favorite fat over high heat and sear both sides of the sirloins until a nice, brown crust has formed.
Slice and serve with ‘kraut and spicy mustard.